Monday, December 27, 2010

Glass Etched Plates - and Silhouette love

Did you gals notice this little button on my sidebar??  That's right, I get to promote the Silhouette!  Fun, right??  Click on the button to find out about all it's fabulousness:
Silhouette Electronic Cutting Tool
I bought a Silhouette several months ago - I couldn't help it with all the hype out there in craft-blog-land.  I've never used any other cutting machines, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I really like my Silhouette.

I used it to take my neighbor gifts to a whole new level with personalized glass etched plates.  The plates were only $1 and I think they turned out great!
I used a snowflake design and cut it into some regular ole contact paper.  I had the software cut out a circle and I inserted the last name initial of each neighbor (remember to MIRROR the letter, since you will see it through the plate):
Then I brushed on the glass etching goo:
Finally just let it sit 5 minutes, then rinsed it off - at first I thought it didn't work, but the glass etching is kind of hard to see when it's wet, so after I dried the plates, voila, fab:


Want to know a couple of great deals going on this week at Silhouette??

--10% off any vinyl from Silhouette - use the promotional code "SUGARBEE" (I kind of want some "fuzzy" vinyl - doesn't that sound fun?) -  (to find it go HERE, then to "shop" then to "vinyl")

--if you purchase a subscription to the online store ($9.99 a month) you can get the Silhouette for $175 - that's an amazing price!! - once again, you'll need to use the promotional code "SUGARBEE"

So, what's in the online store?? - well, what's NOT in the online store - it has TONS of images - - some that I've used:

--the "birthday girl" logo and the candles (set of 3, I used twice) were both from the store - used for my daughter's birthday shirt:

--I downloaded 2 different types of cupcake liners to make my Flower Cupcakes look amazing:

--And last minute when I didn't have enough gift tags, I just whipped out my machine, browsed the online store for options, and cut these:

Handy, right??  You know you want one.......

Silhouette Electronic Cutting Tool

No comments:

Post a Comment