Wednesday, February 2, 2011

DownEast Jeans

Guess what - - I love DownEast Basics.  Oh, you knew that.  I love that their clothes are affordable, but still cute and stylish, but not trying too hard - make sense? 

Anyways, here's a Flower Box Top I bought from them when everything on sale was 50% off (after Christmas) so it was $15.  I love it - I think it's a little out of my comfort zone with the embellishment, but not too crazy.  (And I might venture to say it does the impossible task of making me look a bit voluptuous - humor me people...)
I wore it for dinner out with Trevor - dressed up, but not all out - perfect. 
I wore those garage-sale trouser jeans and look what I found in my closet - fashionable (right!?) flats - I had bought them a few years ago for a Christmas party (sale, $5, JC Penney?) and hardly ever wear them because I never thought they were daily-wear-with-jeans type of shoes - but I'm embracing it.  And no socks - you should be proud.
And here we are back home, ready to watch never-ending past episodes of The Office - we're party animals.  Love when the kids invite themselves to spend the night with their Grandparents! (And no, my head isn't double the size of his - I'm holding the camera and hence my head is closer to it - oh, and he's always making weird faces in pictures I insist on taking -  )

Anyways, you might have already guessed, but I got to review an item from DownEast Basics - wahoo!
When I showed off my jeans to playroom someone said "you ordered jeans ONLINE??" - and THAT is the reason I wanted to review jeans - because ordering online is tough with jeans, so I wanted to spread the word on their fit and feel.  I don't live by a DownEast, so online is the only way I (and a lot of you) can shop.

I got my jeans and liked them a lot.  Keep in mind - I don't have fancy jeans.  I don't want to even wander in to The Buckle and try on $100+ jeans because I'm afraid I might like them.  Anyways, for me, these jeans were amazing - great cut and fit.  I would say they are $100 jeans for half the price.

So I model them for Kate who immediately says "they're too big" - me, huh??  She (self-proclaimed jean snob) said the people at The Buckle would never allow it.  So I got another size.

(Sidetrack - the customer service at DownEast is AMAZING.  So prompt to get me another pair.  And another time, I wanted to order a certain dress (shown here) that was sold out - so I contacted them via their FB page, and they set up things with customer service who found the dress I needed, in my size, and shipped it out that day.  WOW.)

The first time around I was unsure what size to order so I ordered the bigger.  And I was nervous to go smaller - what if they were too tight.  Kate's theory - they're supposed to be tight - they have stretch - by day 2 they'll be perfect. 


And so I learned - jeans are supposed to fit snug.  Did you know that?? I didn't.  So here's both pair (bigger pair on the left, smaller on the right) - in the end, I was worried about the waist fitting too tight on the smaller pair - but it didn't.  What did happen was with the smaller pair, the legs/thighs fit a lot better. (Ignore the length on the big pair - I was going to hem them.)

After being washed and dried (yes, I dry everything, jeans included) - picture from one of my kids - I didn't really notice a size difference after washing:

Now, I need to discuss jean length - any opinions??  The pair I have is a little long, but I don't want to hem them, because what if I wear shoes with a heel/wedge - then they need to be long.  But when I wear flats, they're a tad too long - what do you do? Do you have a long pair and a short pair of the same jeans??

So conclusion, I love DownEast, and now I love DownEast Denium.  These were the Bling Boot Fit Jean.  The details are stunning in person - the "bling" jewels, the stitching, the lining inside.  High-end denium at an affordable price (especially when you catch a sale).  I would recommend ordering jeans online - I had a great experience with fit and feel.

I know you want to give DownEast a try.  Or you already love them.  They are offering to one lucky winner - An Item of your choice from the New Arrivals section - you'll be cutting edge! -- Winner to be drawn with random.org next Wednesday, Feb 9th.

To enter:
--Visit the DownEast Basics New Arrivals section, come back here, and leave a comment as to your favorite new item.
Extra entries:
--follow DE on twitter: http://twitter.com/downeastbasics  
--become a DE Facebook Fan:  www.facebook.com/downeastbasics

·        Giveaway winners must be shipped to U.S. address



Oh, and did you know DownEast has a blog where they knock-off the look of celebrities using DE clothes - love that - it's here: http://www.downeastbasicsblog.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment